To give a bit of background first:
I was raised by a mother who was a dream interpreter. Not the psychic mirrorball kind where you would go and get your palms read. But she was always writing down her dreams in her journals in the morning, sitting at the kitchen counter in her robe with black coffee and rollie in hand, pen in the other. She was not to be disturbed at this time. However, she did encourage us to pay attention to our dreams as well. So I would tell her mine when I could remember them, and she would listen. And at times, if she felt so moved, she would reflect and interpret the possible meanings.
I have now learned to interpret my own dreams, thanks to her.
So, I have been having dreams all week of my teeth falling out. And I know that this is a common one to people, and I have had them before, but not so repetitive and close together like this. The first dream was feeling my teeth getting loose, then the second dream was pulling out a couple back molars, and then the last one was the worst-- not only were my front teeth falling out, but I had loads of little teeth clumped together falling out. Like chunks and chunks of baby teeth just falling out of my mouth. I think there was so much coming out, I started to crunch on them as if they were food. Like a crunchy bone protein snack. A bit morbid and disturbing, I know. So of course it was signifying something in which I should pay attention, so I had to look this one up.
After researching a few dream sites, the general meanings came down to the anxieties around a transition. Change. Rebirth. Personal growth. That kind of stuff. So I thought that made sense. I am in a transition. I just don't know what I am transitioning to. It's as if I am walking down a road in the pitch dark and I can't see anything, not around me nor ahead of me. I am in some kind of motion, I just don't know where I am headed.
So, that's basically it. I didn't get any answers (which dreams unusually don't give you), but more importantly clarity and understanding on my current state. I suppose I should just keeping moving forward, even though it's quite blindly, and that new place of transition will reveal itself to me soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment