When I was little, I would cover my eyes with my hands, placing pressure on my eye lids until I could see bright colors in blues and reds, large spots and little dots amidst the blackness. It wasn't until recently that I remembered this childhood activity of mine, and realized how much the visuals were like being in outer space, or seeing inside your own body at a molecular level. Now, I'm no astronomer or biologist, but I do examine human behavior quite often, and it's amazing how our lives are so interconnected with the small dots (molecules) and the big dots (outer-space). After all, we're all made of the same stuff anyway.
It's interesting when we remember the little things we did as children, the things that fascinated us and gave us joy, and how those things have changed or stayed the same over time.
No comments:
Post a Comment