Thursday, November 19, 2015

Control

So, throughout the years I have learned.... how much our minds control us. After all, the brain IS what controls our reality, our actions, right? But, what is it that REALLY controls our actions, via brain? I will let you take a guess.

...............................
Thinking
..............................
Thinking
..............................
Thinking
(This is where the pinwheel would be spinning for all you Mac users)
..............................

Have you guessed it? Well, if you guessed EGO. Then you win..... a candy bar ;)

It is amazing how much our egos control our emotions, and inevitably, our actions. Oh, and don't get me started on social media...

This thumbs-upping and heart-ing is just a mess. Are we really going to define our self-value and morals around mouse-clicking? Please. Just. Don't. I mean come on, we all know it's a "mouse trap." Hopefully we are smart enough to see that it is, indeed, a human trap.

But, alas, we have that very, very interesting concept of addiction..... I have yet to crack that code. Social media is.... the most recent form of human addiction we can have; how we find ourselves "needing" this social media to define us. Or are we just extremely bored with our lives? Are they one in the same?

Philosophers of the world. I understand why you philosophize.

No comments:

Post a Comment