When I was younger, I would find myself sitting at the windowsill, just staring outside for hours it seemed. The most vivid of these memories were days when the sun would come out, and then back behind the clouds again, and then back out, in repetition. My outside view from the windowsill went from light to dark, then dark to light, then light to dark again. I remember how much these outside changes would change my mood as well-- from happy to sad, sad to happy, then happy to sad again-- in a matter of seconds.
Now, you could say this behavior could be a bit descriptive of "bipolar" behavior-- but how can our earth be so naturally bipolar, yet not the beings in which it inhabits (without the label of "disorder" being attached to that very same behavior)? Is the way the earth was naturally formed a "disorder"?
It's amazing how our environments affect our states of mind, it only makes sense that we are a reflection of our surroundings.
No comments:
Post a Comment