Wednesday, February 7, 2024

On Purpose (part 3)

So I realize this I my third post on purpose. But really, every post is about purpose-- essentially. As human beings, that is always what we are searching and striving for in life. If not for purpose, what do we live for? Why are we here?

I've been grappling with my "new" purpose throughout most of my thirties, ever since I realized music wasn't going anywhere for me. And quite frankly, I was getting burnt out and losing motivation and inspiration from it anyway. So once I had no other force driving my life, how was I going to continue on with it? I must search for a new purpose. 

I applied to graduate school at Antioch University for Mental Health Counseling, was accepted to the program, and then decided to decline when realizing there really are not many grants in graduate school. I realized, is becoming a mental health counselor worth $50,000 of (more) student loan debt? I decided on no. 

Then I thought real estate. My process to that thought was, "what is really cheap schooling that can give me the opportunity to make a really wealthy career?" Boom. Real Estate. I went to school for two weeks, got my license two years later, and have joined two brokerages since then. 

But were either of those career paths my purpose? No. Because if they were, I would have said, "yes, I do think this profession is worth this X amount of money." 

I am starting to realize that purpose is priceless. 

No amount of money could stop me from doing it, and I would do it for free. Because it was my purpose.

And then I started delving into the personal development realm. Trying to find this new, hidden purpose of mine. My most recent learning was from Jay Shetty's podcast literally called "On Purpose." I found this after I entitled my blog post that same name. He talked about how most of people's lives are on the first part of purpose, which is finding it-- and how much fun it can be in the process! Obviously the second part is what to do with your purpose once you've found it, so I will just see this "lost, dark, dead, etc" time of my life as a blessing, and an opportunity to make this journey on purpose-searching fun and great!


No comments:

Post a Comment