Friday, July 22, 2016

Value System

I have realized that loans in the United States are against my value system and moral code. Why, you ask? Because I have just been paying theses loan companies money, right into their pocket, and have not even been paying off my debt. It's infuriating, because it's the capitalization of money, and at the poor's expense. It's disgusting, if you ask me. Why kick people when they are down? Pick on someone your own size.

So why would I take out more loans? Borrowing money from them has not helped me climb the social class latter in the past, and I don't even want to climb the corporate latter either. Because, again, I don't believe in corporate. Because I've realized it's against my moral code. So now what? It's this dichotomy of our culture around money that just seems insane if you ask me.

I was accepted into graduate school. But that means taking out more loans. So what to do now? Go against my value system anyway? What is my value system?

Maybe my study field of choice isn't worth me taking out loans. Maybe I need to choose something that is worth taking out loans for. But what would that be? Do I really want to become a clinical mental health counselor?

Maybe the "health" field is not for me. Because it is also a business like everything else. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. All I know is I really don't want any more debt. But I also want to invest in my future. So I have to take some time to reflect if this is the type of future I truly want for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment