So, they say that tonight, June 20th, will be a "Strawberry Moon"; which supposedly got its name from Algonquin tribes, meaning the full moon comes in sync with the summer solstice, and the fruits are ready for picking.
I also know when the full moon is here because I begin to develope insomnia. It happens almost every full moon lately. But I just roll with it. Like the tides of the ocean.
I like to hear about Algonquin traditions, because I have Algonquin ancestors. My mother told me she remembers her grandparents telling her Algonquin stories. I told her that I'd like to hear those stories someday, if she can remember them.
So, Happy Summer Solstice, Full Moon, Strawberry Moon. Don't forget to howl tonight.
p.s. not sure why the date and time is displaying Sunday, June 19th at 10:27pm. It is in fact Monday, June 20th at 1:28am.

No comments:
Post a Comment