Thursday, November 24, 2022

TruthsGiving

I'm tired of the whitewashing

Of this so-called 'holiday,'

And what supposedly happened.

Why can't we just observe the truth?

During the time of the first 'thanksgiving,'

This day was a celebration of a massacre 

Of over 700 Pequot women & children 

That led to this so-called 'holiday.'

You want to celebrate massacres of innocent people?

You want to celebrate the genocide of millions?

Who are you people?

Now is the time to learn the truth.

No, we did not sit at a table & stuff our faces

And live happily ever after. 

This day represents genocide

This day represents colonialism. 

I do not celebrate those things. 

I celebrate the resilience & brilliance of Indigenous peoples

I celebrate their courage, wisdom & culture

I celebrate their survival as a people.

We are a beautiful people. 

And WE ARE STILL HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment