Sunday, December 20, 2015

Dirty, Flirty, Sturdy, Thirty

Oh, boy. Here we are-- another decade in the making of Joy. I have now entered my third... decade. If you think about it, three decades isn't that much... so, I guess I'm still a baby, learning about this "life."

But, what does thirty really mean to me? To be honest, all I can think of is a Dirty Martini-- super grown-up drink. And red lipstick. And red stilettos. Being real "sexy grown" grown. But more importantly, thirty means not doing things for other people at the expense of my own values and happiness. No more. This is the new Joy. She does what she wants, and what is in the best interest of.... HERSELF!

This is a good, new beginning. A beginning of mental health, spiritual growth, a new declaration of independence in the healing and recovery from all the damaging stuff that has happened in her past. It's now time to look at it (the damage) face to face, accepting it, and telling it that it no longer controls her or defines her. Yes, it has shaped her in many ways, but she doesn't have to keep carrying it along with her.

So, Baggage, I now leave you far, far behind me. You are released.

Ahhhhh.... the freedom of letting go.

So, again, other than my Dirty Martinis (for a dirty thirty, get it?), red lipstick and red stilettos (for a fearless, confident and fun flirty thirty ;-)), and a healing, recovering, road-to-wellness self (sturdy thirty), I will still take my time, march to the beat of my own drum, and sleep in my sweats for days and read books and watch movies and eat ice cream as much as I want... self.

I love you Jessica Joy, Happy Thirtieth Birthday :-) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment